3/7/09

Come on, now

So far we have middleman and me brother that will engage here.

What up with you lurkers?

Ain't this a family? Where are my sisters?

Oh, and mr. chopper; mr. mike - cat got yer tongues?

What up Tom? John? Mr. Awesome? How has life been treating y'all? Happy, or what?

Molly, Karyn, Katie - are you so thrilled with your existence that you have become speechless? Let it out kids. What are you waiting for?

I mean, I'm pretty certain that you carry these genes. Is it possible that our Sisters have so dominated you that you feel as loathe to post as MA and Liz?

Me? I'm a loud-mouthed dickhead that makes no excuses for being a thorn. But you two are as mysterious as the Bible, what gives?

13 comments:

Greg and Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly ElPumaGrande said...

Thank you dad, I have tried to contribute to the blog when I feel the topics are of interest to me and I can respond in a positive manner. I was going to decline to answer Uncle Dave's post due to its incredibly negative tone, especially towards the women of the family. The tone was probably intended to cause a rise in people to make them reply, but that very tone is the reason that I have stopped blogging in the first place. It seems that every post is commented on in a negative manner, critical of what the publisher said. While this may be a friendly intellectual debate, I have been dealing with many emotionally draining situations as of late and this is not the type of energy that I want to immerse myself in. If this is the way the blog is to continue than I will be happy to read it every once in awhile, but will not be as active in it as others.

Molly ElPumaGrande said...

P.S.

Dad the RSS feed works only when a new post is added. It does not show new content when a comment is added, so it may not be the best way to watch the blog.

At least this is how mine works, I am not sure if the settings can be changed.

Greg and Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg and Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I most definately am not speechless however I am a working mother of 2 young children and after working 10-12 hours a day would like to spend time with them. Molly this is not negative but lighten up....why take things so personally? We are all family and UD I am sure does not mean any disrespect..I assume the exact opposite he values what we have to say so much that he can't stand not hearing. If you like positive things then start thinking postive. Just a word of advice not a critisim. Anyway nothing big here I stated earlier what is up in my life Sorry all for not being involved in this more!
Katie,Kath,Sis & Mom

Molly ElPumaGrande said...

To answer your question Katherine, I take things personally when they are addressed to me on a personal level, like the original post was. I find it humorous that when I speak my opinion in opposition to others that I am labeled as having thin skin or that I am in need of lightening up. Why is that, when other are not? I agree with your statement about positive thinking and do follow that practice. As for showing respect, as a teacher of young children I feel that the words I use need to be very deliberately chosen. I try to stop and think about how the words I use will affect those receiving them. I hope that most if not all the time they can be received in a warm, nurturing and supportive manner. I try to carry over this philosophy from my professional life into my personal life, even though I am not a successful I want. So my point is that by deliberately choosing your words it wlll help take away any confusion about what is being said and why it is being said.

Anonymous said...

congrats UD you got us talking again. Molly say what you will but clearly you don't live as positive life as you thought when you can dwell on what people think or what you think people mean by what they say. Seems you are assuming the worst instead of giving the benefit of the doubt which goes along with thinking positive. Have fun at the games glad it is you and not me. To be clear that is sincere not rude and no hidden meanings.
Katie,Kath&mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Okar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Molly ElPumaGrande said...

I agree Uncle David did get us talking again, but the original purpose of my reply was to say that it could have been done in a different manner. I felt that the words used for the women of the family were much harsher than the ones used for the men. I have not dwelt on these words but just simply replied to them. If reply to a statement is not a positive action then should I be a mute? Katie you know very little of my life and how I conduct it, so I feel that you have no valid basis for evaluating it, just as I have no valid basis for evaluating yours. I hope that we can move forward from this and try to find common ground in which we can have a less combative discourse, again one of the original purposes of my reply.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Mary...you decide what you are called by your words and actions not by what I say so you decide what you are. Just as you have blamed me for defending UD you only defend your daughter.....she talks down to everyone that is not a "teacher" but I do see where she gets it! As for our lurcker I am an educated person as well as a good judge of character....I am not Molly's sister....I assume that you are a friend of Aunt Mary's by the fact that you slam everyone else except anyone in her family. Molly I could care less if you judge me or not...I didnt judge you I made an observation on what YOU said and your comments. I am not by any means defending UD but simply stating that certain people take things far to literal and need to lighten up. UG this is why I dont do anything with this blog and FYI no discuss will be had further on this topic because it is a ridiculous waste of my time....is that self abosorbed or what Aunt Mary. Talk about the kettle calling someone black...whose family has been so self absorbed that before this last summer how long had it been since we heard from you let alone seen you? That is all I assume there are a ton of hurt feelings and mom sorry about a blacklash this has on you!
Katie, Kathrine