2/8/09

On my way to North Carolina

A short trip. Leaving this afternoon from MPLS and getting to Greensboro, NC late tonight. Meeting all day tomorrow about the project at TransTech Pharmaceuticals targeting the enzyme I've been studying for almost two decades as a potential for anti-obesity, anti-diabetes treatment. I'll be back in town late Monday night. This is how I earn my consulting money. I usually donate my fee to the Minnesota Medical Foundation and direct it to the Ann and Charles Okar Basic Medical Research Fund so that I can use it to help fund my own lab.

Other than that, life is the same as usual, writing grants that don't get funded and trying to do some research in between meetings and paperwork.

The snow is melting - slowly. But its only February, so any talk of "spring" is wishful thinking. Spring is not so great (in my opinion) because its mostly mud and rain.

8 comments:

Liz said...

HI,

Not much going on here. Loving the warmer weather. Like watching the snow go down. Planning a trip to CO. in May. Will post some pictures when I have a minute.

Love to all
Liz

Liz said...

HEY,

I see my kids in CO. joined up. Love to see you guys on here. Miss you and love you. Am going to post some of the kids pictures on here. Did you watch the videos?? Were you on the egde of YOUR seat with Valerie in the salt flats.

Love
Mom/Busia

Greg and Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SpitBall said...

What?

Greg and Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SpitBall said...

I see.

Guess I was confused because the comment (like Liz's) had no relationship to the original diary.

I can't remember what prompted me to refer to you as "inevitable".

In keeping with the topic of the current diary, the meeting in NC was interesting. There was a major downside, however, as it reiterated that the compound I require to complete my current studies will not be back on the world market in the foreseeable future. (Greg knows something about this because I was complaining about it in an e-mail exchange). Basically, it means that I need to fundamentally change the direction of my research so that I can maintain the VA funding that keeps me employed.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Forget Slow Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Easily Search High Quality Movies, Games, MP3 Albums, Applications & Download Them at Electric Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]casino online[/url] brake the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]casino[/url] autonomous no store bonus at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]no lay tip
[/url].