11/5/08

Well, That's That

Did you feel the earth move?

A historic Presidential Administration is set to begin. Are you ready for it? Can you dig it?

6 comments:

Molly ElPumaGrande said...

My school was buzzing this morning talking about the election. My boss said she felt like it was Christmas morning and was having a hard time coming down off her high. Many of our associate teachers voted for the first time in the election and were ecstatic that their voice was heard. So, yes I felt the earth move and it was great!

Anonymous said...

I guess now our problems will magically disappear.
Amazing!!! The houses will sell, the building business will them boom.

hurray

Locke said...

True the election was ground breaking and exciting. I have never seen so many high school students and adults engaged in learning as much about the candidates and the political process as they could. From their perspective this was history like they have not experienced. Dare I say for my students 9/11 was not an event they could fully understand, but this, this event was something they could understand and fight for what they believe in. Although, our problems will not disappear probably for some time, it does give all of us one thing that the U.S stands for and so many people are willing to fight for and that my friends is Hope. Hope to cling to the dreams that someday they may go to post-secondary school, hope to own a home, hope to have a job that pays well, hope to be able achieve dreams that in many other lands in this world are not possible. Ground shaking I would say yes.

SpitBall said...

Liz, I think you need to listen more carefully (or perhaps to something other than Faux News). Obama told us all, point-blank, that the real work has just begun.

Much as I joke about it, this endeavor does not work by "magick". We are done with that kind of thinking. It was "magick" that was needed for the US to be greeted as anything but invaders in Iraq. Only "magick" could have prevented an economic collapse that followed an era of wanton spending, deregulation and Fat Cat feeding at the trough. Nothing less than "magick" could make a McCain Administration anything more than an extension of the worst Presidency in US history.

Obama promised no such "magick".

Perhaps that's why Republicans are so frightened of him? Because their steady diet of lies, shadow, insinuation, and "magickal thinking" over the last 8 (well, 40) years has left them unprepared to recognize anything else.

middleman said...

Talk to me in a year. Everyone still talks about Republican and Democrat. I can not wait to see in what ways Obama back pedals. He is a Chicago Democrat, every bit a corrupt a Texas Republicans. It was surely great to see a more involved and seemingly more informed public this year. I hope this momentum carries over.

SpitBall said...

middleman: If all pols are corrupt, their corruption provides no basis for distinguishing between them,does it?

The key is to get their "corruption" to work for you and your fellow citizens. Identify which is your "special interest" and get to lobbying your pols.

I'll give Obama a "honeymoon". Let's see who who picks for his cabinet. I suspect they have been planning this transition for a long time.

Why not invite Rev. J. Wright to bless his inauguration? That would mix things up.