4/13/10

Missive

Whoa. This has because something of a ghost site.

So, what up folks? There are rumblings behind the scenes that even I can fathom and kenn.

Gulin and I are tentatively planning a trip out west this June, but summer can be a tricky time for us. All indications are that we will get out to OR for the marathon. Assuming that middleman has gotten himself out of Chicago and into the greater Portland area. It would be ideal to meet up with the Kerrs at the same time, but that remains to be organized. Let us know what's up.

It may well be that the trip to the PacWest will be the de facto reunion. At least from my perspective, as the fall will be tense and busy until after early September.

On the whole, we are doing OK. No more poems about shoveling snow. Now there are tulips, crocus, and daffodil. Just got a plug of mushroom mycelia (Nameko) to fruit for fresh, counter-top mushrooms in a few weeks (hypothetically). Writing about bioswitching and evolution lately and looking forward to the Experimental Biology meeting later this month.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you are planning on coming to a reunion if there is one? Like always a few people make the decision for all....nothing ever changes.

helenk said...

Is this Dave Okar? The real Dave Okar, married to Mary Ellen? If not please forgive me for intruding. If so i hope you remember me from Illinois. Long time ago. I see you still use obscure words and write mind numbing poeitry. Thats what made me think it was you. My kids made me sign up for this blog stuff and searching i found this blog and maybe you. I'm Helen one of your old nieghbors, remember? Mary and i went shopping sometimes and talked. they say this will leave behind my email so call me. let me know what your doing.
hope to hear, Helen.

helenk said...

spitball. talk to me.

Anonymous said...

hey ud got a girlfreind?

SpitBall said...

Anonymous: Hard to say whether we can attend an event for which no date has been set.

Will you please clarify which decision you feel has been made?

helenk: Yes. I am the person you remember. I didn't find an email address. Can't remember anyone named Helen, however. Were you associated with June Bug Massacre? The DeKalb Free Music Festivals? The Anarchist's Ball? Academics? Mary's job at the plating company? How did you meet us?

Strange that anyone from DeKalb would know my writing. It was not until I moved to MPLS that I put any of that out in public.