Quick note. Gulin and I returned from our most recent trip to Turkey last Sunday afternoon. Finally clearing some of the jet lag. The main purpose of the trip was to attend the wedding of Gurcan and Demet. Gurcan is Gulin's step-brother. We had some time to tour the Mediterranian coast and had an interesting day at the Modern Art Museum in Istanbul, too. Walked around so many Roman ruins that I lost track of which was which. I especially like to take a moment to stand in the ruined towns and try to imagine what it was like to walk those roads when the cities were in their prime. Other times, I ponder what our cities and towns will look like 2 or 3000 years. What will be the main attraction in the ruins of Chicago, New York, or even Coleman? Will they even be ruins? Mostly centered on the town of Kas.
Back here in Minneapolis we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Mary Agnes and Jerry this weekend. Should be a good visit.
So, what have y'all been up to?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment