You might hear some reports of a tornado touching down in South or Downtown Minneapolis, the reports are true. Very close to our house, based on the satellite maps I've been looking at, it went pretty much right over our place.
But, no worries. I'm at home now and everything is fine.
have fun at the reunion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to here you are okay...I heard about the tornado but I am bad with directions so I wasnt sure if it was near you at all.
reunion has been great..missed everyone that wasnt here...My mom and Aunt Liz said I am banned from the blogg but I wanted to post that it was a great time and everyone who wasnt there for whatever reason should plan on the next one! My mom will most likely send an email to everyone letting you all know that she and my dad would like to open up the hosting to anyone else who would like to. There was talk of many options. I have found a campground with cabin and tent camping spaces. Cabins sleep 12 and are $175 a night. It is technically in the UP of Michigan but right on the WI boarder so would be real close for UD and Bart. Also there was talk of Oregon which is my vote. Also there was a mention of South Lyon area if anyone from that family would like to host let us know. I would vote for the camping or oregon. We also talked about doing it 1st or 2nd week of Oct....that is unless we do Orgegon would need more than a weekend. We would like to plan a weekend ASAP so that everyone has a year to plan and save if neccessary that way there are no excuses! It is my opinion that the 4 eldest should pick a weekend and from here on out that is the weekend every year. Maybe we could do Labor day weekend then we could have a 4 day thing. Just an idea and like I said start planning now so there are no excuses!
Kathrine
Couple links to check out for Cabins that I found quickly..cheaper than the other ones!
http://www.lakeofthecloudsresort.com/accomodations.html
http://www.exploringthenorth.com/lambert/lambert.html
Kathrine
Thanks, Katherine.
I guess I operate under the mistaken notion that this Family Blog is intended to function as a communication device. I remember back when we used e-mail to communicate and the complaints were to the effect that it was too cumbersome to deal with the volume of e-mail. This is a more "take it or leave it" format.
I officially un-ban you from the blog. Can I do that? Not sure. But I can match my dear sisters' hubris.
Gulin and I will pretty much make an effort to go wherever the reunion is held. Given the ability to live my dreams we would meet in a different location every year and put aside worries for one super-sized weekend. But, to paraphrase one of the recent Sec. of Defense, you go to reunions with the family you have. Sad and happy as we are, folks, we are it. Even if you still entertain delusions of adoption, you've been here longer than you have not. You're one of us now. For better or worse, my better angel tells me to add.
Much as I like the Pacific Northwest and would relish a trip to Oregon, I feel strangely attracted to the idea of finally fulfilling the original concept of the reunion and pushing for South Lyon. I don't want to be too forward, and I know I risk being flamed (or worse banned!?). But I think it would be a good thing.
Otherwise, I'd throw our Istanbul as a possible location in the future. We could probably set up a visit at minimal costs (beyond airfare) and it would be memorable.
The summer months are generally the time we go to meetings. So Spring or Fall are better.
Post a Comment